The Consultant is a senior doctor who practices in a specific specialty and has oversight responsibility for his team of junior doctors and manages other team members. The Consultant should be able to take a comprehensive view of the care pathway. The Consultant accepts ultimate responsibility for the care of all patients admitted under his name. The Consultant is capable of independently providing high quality patient care (diagnose, treat, manage and admit patients under his name) as delineated by his cilinical privileges.
Ability to relate well to others and use interpersonal skills to achieve desired objectives, recognizing the need to represent both the clinical work and the team. The Consultant actively conributes to the teaching and training of students and junior doctors, and to the development of his specialty through leadership, academe and research.
Research is a key and integral component to the Corporation’s Strategic aim to become an Academic Health System. The post holder must be able to contribute on delivering an integrated strategic vision and planning for Clinical, Research, Education and training which improves the quality of patient care.
The consultant is responsible for organizing, monitoring, and maintaining the clinical services provided within the department in order to achieve the highest possible level of patient care with optimum utilization of the available resources.
1. Adheres to policies, guidelines, plans and programs.
2. Performs all duties assigned to a consultant physician.
4. Assumes direct responsibility for the patients under his/her medical attendance in the assigned unit.
5. Conducts rounds and undertakes supervision of treatment of the inpatients as well as screening and examination of the outpatients.
6. Undertakes supervisory responsibility for the medical staff within the unit and prepares regular reports on the activities of the unit for the department head / chairman.
7. Participates in the various committees for the upgrading of services and organization of work within and outside the hospital.
8. Participates in the planning and implementation of the department development plans and the different manpower training programs for the medical, technical and nursing staff.
9. Participates in the planning and follow up of the medical education and research activities.
10. Performs all relevant interventions related to his/her field of specialization.
11. Participates in health education programs through orientation and scientific presentations.
12. Participates in scheduling of on-call duties and provides on-call services.
13. Participates in the assessment and updating of drug, medical supply and equipment needs.
14. Writes, completes and approves medical records and reports for patients.
15. Provides guidance and counsel to other departments when requested.
16. Completes and maintains his set of clinical privileges
17. Complies with Revalidation guidelines and standards
18. Acquires SCH License to practice and maintains it while working.
19. Performs other duties as assigned/directed by the chairperson / head of the department and approved by the Medical Director. 20. Ensure self and member of the Investigation Team are properly trained. 21. Compiles with the policies systems and processes in place that governs research.
22. Ensure patients are aware of their rights and responsibilities and access to research.
23. The specific details about roles and responsibilities related to each specialty can be found in their job plan which is maintained by the Department.
Global Medical Recruiting
is one of the Middle East's leading medical staffing suppliers to a wide range of hospitals and clinics in Middle-Eastern countries such as Qatar, UAE, Saudi-Arabia, Oman etc. We have access to a large client base and thereby have access to a large number of open vacancies making it easier for you to secure your ideal job faster.
We have successfully undertaken hundreds of assignments and successfully placed medical personnel from all around the world at Middle Eastern hospitals. Our recruitment services are paid by our clients the employers and you the applicant will NEVER be asked to pay recruitment fees to us.
Global Medical Recruiting's dynamic and professional team will assist you in the following:
1. Creating a CV according to the requirements of Middle Eastern hospitals.
2. Submitting your CV to different hospitals/clinics in Middle Eastern countries of your choice.
3. Scheduling of a face to face/SKYPE/telephone interview with hospital management on request from the hospital .
4. Assist you in offer of employment and submission of documents required by hospitals.
5. Assist you with Verification / Credentialing (Clinical Staff) and all recruitment requirements.
6. Liaise with the employer regarding issuing of your entry visa into the country.
7. Booking of your flight and meet & greet at the airport.
Living and Working in Qatar:
Qatar is a land of fascinating contrasts. Endless stretches of desert flank modern towns; sleek four-wheel-drive Land Cruisers share the desert roads with lumbering camels; and sophisticated malls exist side-by-side with the traditional souks (traditional Arab open-air marketplaces).
Surrounded by clear, shallow waters on three coasts, Qatar has, as neighbors, Saudi Arabia to the west and the United Arab Emirates to the southeast. Although Qatar is one of the smallest Arab states in the Gulf region, it has a big heart, huge ambitions, and reputation for hospitality that reaches far beyond its borders. Doha has managed to transform itself into a modern city without losing its traditional heritage.
Qatar is rich in oil and gas reserves and has one of the world’s highest GDP per capita incomes. The state reinvests much of this wealth in the development of its health education sectors, acknowledging that the country’s greatest resource is its people. Qatar may be one of the safest places you will ever visit. The crime rate is extremely low and it is safe to walk out alone, even at night, or to take taxis or buses. You will find residents more than willing to offer directions if you get lost. Qataris are proud of their heritage and the country’s achievements, and will be delighted to explain their culture, traditions and history. Adding to Qatar’s cultural fabric is the large population of expatriate residents; hence there is a rich multicultural and ethnic flavor in every aspect of daily life.
Sport has played an increasingly important role in Qatar’s development, which is bolstered by the number of prestigious international events held annually in the country. The 15th Asian Games Doha 2006 was the largest multi-sport event ever hosted in the region so far. Other notable sports events that have taken place in Qatar are the 2011 AFC Asian Cup Finals, and the Qatar Ladies Tennis Open and Mens Tennis Open are annual events, as is cycling's Tour of Qatar. On December 2nd, 2012, Qatar won its bid to host the 2022 World Cup.