Open Ended Contract job opportunity available for Clinical Hematologist Consultant with a Internal Medicine background at a Private Hospital located in Salmiya, KUWAIT.
The compensation package for Consultants includes.
1. Basic Salary (starting at 3000 KD) +
2. Incentives: 10 % of the net profit paid monthly in addition to the basic salary.
3. Benefits: Housing Allowance/ Medical Insurance/ Life Insurance / Malpractice Insurance / Flight tickets.
Global Medical Recruiting (GMR) is a "Registered Recruitment Partner" with the employer in Kuwait.
Note - GMR does not charge you (the applicant) any recruitment fees as we are paid by the Medical Group for our placement services.
Open Ended Contract includes:
Basic Salary: Offered according to experience.From 3000 KD up per month. Salary paid in KD.
Incentives: 10 % of the net profit paid monthly in addition to the basic salary.
Housing Allowance (only allowance offered and not accommodation)
Medical Insurance: Government & Private as per hospital policy for self, spouse and 3 kids below 18 years.
Life Insurance for all staff.
Malpractice Insurance for all physicians.
Flight Tickets: Economy class family ticket for spouse & 2 kids below 18 years old.
Annual leave: 30 working days.
Public Holidays: 13 Days public holidays.
CME Leave: 7 days CME leave.
The benefits outlined here are those that apply to most employees. Salary offer packages are determined by the employer. Global Medical Recruiting can assist the applicant with salary offer negotiations with the employer, but in the end the final salary package offered is at the sole discretion of the employer and not of Global Medical Recruiting.
MD and/or Membership/ Fellowship of the Royal College, PHD, BOARD or SPECIALIZATION CERTIFICATE per Kuwait MOH requirements.
(preferably of the American Society of Hematology).
Minimum: 7 years’ experience post Fellowship/Membership or PhD/MD in Hematology.
Valid Primary License/Registration to practice from the country of origin if applicable AND should be eligible for license from Ministry Of Health- Kuwait to practice as Consultant.
Fluent in English, Arabic preferred.
Working Hours: 8hrs / 5.5 days
On Call Duty for Consultants: Second on call only.
The Consultant Hematologist is responsible to deliver highest quality hematology treatments and services; provides consultation for problems of the treatment of blood diseases including (inherited and acquired anemia's, platelet disorders, disorders of white blood cells, disorders of blood clotting, bleeding disorders, pregnancy-related blood disorders, blood disorders associated with chronic diseases and bone marrow disorders) Plans, directs, coordinates, administers and supervises patient care activities in accordance with Ministry of Health regulations, Hospital Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules & Regulations and hematology department Policies & Guidelines.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Involved in the diagnosis, management and treatment of problems such as anemia or hemophilia.
2. Overseeing the inpatient and outpatient management of patients undergoing treatment for acute leukemia, high grade lymphoma.
3. Provides patient care, treatment for acute leukemia, high grade lymphoma & blood vessel walls.
4. To administer blood products to patients who have blood-clotting disorders.
5. Demonstrable experience of General and Malignant Hematology
6. Determines procedures to prescribe chemotherapy to treat blood-related cancers such as leukemia or lymphoma.
7. Receives and prepare blood samples for analysis & review initial data that reveals, for example, white or red blood cell abnormalities;
8. Investigate the biochemistry of blood clotting.
9. Involved in providing clinical support for the hematology diagnostic laboratory including the blood bank.
10. Plans and takes initiative in the best interest of the patient
11. Includes the patients in discussions concerning appropriate diagnostic procedures.
12. Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates patient care needs.
13. Works in a seamless, integrated multi-disciplinary environment to provide the highest level of care
14. Maintains a work environment that promotes high standards for patient care and ethical behavior.
Compliance with Medical Ethics
15. Demonstrable experience of General and Malignant Hematology
16. Understanding of clinical risk management.
17. Exhibits appropriate personal and interpersonal professional behavior; practices medicine ethically.
18. Respects the opinions of fellow Consultants and referring Physicians in the management of patient problems; liaise with other medical professionals to discuss patient treatment plans
19. Produce quantitative data in the form of reports and provide key information to medical staff about a patient's condition;
20. Shows a pattern of maintaining current personal clinical skills and knowledge by Continuing Medical Education (CME).
21. Responds to referrals from Department specialists.
22. Participates in continuous quality improvement programs for hematology service.
23. Attends the Department meetings to discuss the rules & regulations, obstacles in work, incidents &
24. Participates in organizational performance improvement activities.
25. Accepts all other additional assignments found necessary by the Clinical Director.
This 100- bedded Hospital is one of the first private hospitals in Kuwait and a leading provider of premium healthcare in Kuwait.
The hospital offers a full range of medical services within its luxurious premises.
More about Salmiya, Kuwait
Salmiya is located 12 kilometres southeast of Kuwait City and is one of the largest areas in Kuwait consisting of both commercial and residential areas.
Salmiya is arguably Kuwait's flagship district being a major cultural and commercial hub.
It is well connected to the rest of the country having a multitude of significant highways and roads passing through it en-route to the capital, Kuwait City.
Accommodation in Salmiya is mainly apartments (some low rise & higher blocks). Some of these have seaviews and some shared swimming pool and/or gym.
Salmiya has shopping malls, markets, food shops, cafes and nice restaurants, cinemas, IMAX, aquarium etc.