International Professional Medical Recruitment for and to the Middle East
International Medical professionals are invited to apply for these exiting 3 year contract job opportunities in Qatar. Qatar’s national healthcare delivery system is rapidly developing. This group strives to lead in developing the national health system by operating new facilities, implementing state-of-the art technologies, and recruiting the best, most qualified international talent to care for Qatar’s future. Here, you will have the opportunity to team with the best and the brightest professionals in healthcare and to provide world class patient care service for the population. This medical group has one of the biggest workforces in Qatar, with more than 2 million people living and working in Qatar, this diverse and exciting organization has more than 90 different nationalities working to deliver the best care always to their patients and the Qatar community.
3 Year contract (renewable)
Single contract for unmarried candidates, while Family contract offered for married candidates.
Generous Tax free basic salary. From 15 000 QAR up to 27 875 QAR per month. Offered according to experience. 27 875 QAR is equal to +/- 100 800 South-African Rand, 7700 USD, 5800 GBP, 10300 AUD.
Free fully furnished accommodation provided.
Transport allowance of 1250 QAR per month added to your basic salary.
Free "round trip" (to and from home country) flight tickets on joining, annual leave, and on repatriation. For those with family contract offered this will be also be applicable for your family (wife and up to 3 children up to 18 years old).
School allowance: 21 000 QAR (maximum) for up to 3 children (ages 5- 18) per child per academic year provided that they are studying in private schools in Doha.
40 days paid annual vacation days.
End of Service Award (at end of contract) which is one month's salary for each year worked.
The benefits outlined here are those that apply to most employees. Salary offer packages are determined by the employer. Global Medical Recruiting can assist the applicant with salary offer negotiations with the employer, but in the end the final salary package offered is at the sole discretion of the employer and not of Global Medical Recruiting.
PhD or equivalent terminal degree in Epidemiology/Public health.
For researchers working with human subjects: CITI and ILS certification.
The applicant should have completed post-doctoral training and must be well recognized scientist with 5 years proven credentials (including 3 years in a post-doc role) in cutting-edge research with a proven record of basic, clinical or translational research expertise. The applicant should have a record of research productivity, including peer reviewed funding and publication.
As an Academic Health System the Corporation would like to employ staff who contribute to the mission and vision of the Corporation.
Research is a key and integral component to this vision and the postholder must be able to contribute to an Integrated strategic vision and planning for Clinical, Research and Education and training.
The post holder will be an independent researcher who has an established track record equivalent to the level of Associate Professor and is building his/her research career. Successful candidates will be expected to establish and run an independent high quality funded research program and to contribute to medical and research education mission. Proven experience and the ability to supervise and train others is essential. Successful candidates will have first authored papers published in high impact journals in their field, will have been PI or Co-PI on peer reviewed research grants and will have commenced supervision of higher degree by research students. The ability to mentor, supervise and train others is a key criteria, as is the ability to establish and develop a research team which creates capacity and capability for the medical group.
Experience/knowledge in regulatory documentation, data interpretation, serious adverse events/ adverse event requirements and project management skills are required for the candidate engaged in clinical research. Experience/knowledge of good laboratory practice and biosafety is required for laboratory researchers.
The post holder will be required to adhere to research legislative and regulatory requirements including policies, Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and International Conference on Harmonization – Good Clinical Practice (ICH-GCP), animal ethics guidelines ad biosafety requirements as relevant to his/her field of research.
The Research Scientist will establish and develop a strong research program which attracts peer reviewed funds. The program will support the medical groups research strategy and the Qatar National Health and Research Strategies. The Research Scientist will maximise the use of infrastructure, expand knowledge and skills base and develop new researchers.
The Research Scientist who works in clinical research areas may be responsible for:
1. Implementation of clinical trials in the medical group including development and planning of protocols (safety, data consistency, trial timelines, budget, resources, eligibility and enrollment), within a cross functional team
2. Interfacing with clinical team members, clinical operations, scientific operations, regulatory affairs, data management, and finance regarding day to day activities of research.
3. Serving as Local trial lead for research within the AHS and main point of contact for day to day governance of research.
4. Contributing to the preparation and review of clinical research documents including clinical study protocol, clinical study reports (CSR) and submissions) and other study related documents assuring quality and consistency.
5. Presenting in written and oral format: group productivity, project status and key deliverables to senior management.
The Research Scientist who works in laboratory research will be responsible for:
1. Planning and delivering research projects and programs that support research strategy and the National Health and Research Strategies for Qatar
2. Ensuring that all research support infrastructure is in place to deliver approved research projects/programs, including securing peer reviewed research funding
3. Presentation of research findings at appropriate for a, including the medical group, AHS, QNRF and international scientific meetings
4. Providing research training and education for team members, higher degree students, and as a part of programs
5. Perform other duties as assign.
Premier non-profit health care provider in Doha, Qatar and the main provider of secondary and tertiary healthcare in Qatar and one of the leading hospital providers in the Middle East. Since its establishment the healthcare provider rapidly developed medical facilities capable of providing state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment of disease. It currently manages 12 hospitals – 9 specialist hospitals and 3 community hospitals – as well as the National Ambulance Service and home and residential care services.