International Medical professionals are invited to apply for these exiting 3 year contract job opportunities in Qatar. Qatar’s national healthcare delivery system is rapidly developing. This group strives to lead in developing the national health system by operating new facilities, implementing state-of-the art technologies, and recruiting the best, most qualified international talent to care for Qatar’s future. Here, you will have the opportunity to team with the best and the brightest professionals in healthcare and to provide world class patient care service for the population. This medical group has one of the biggest workforces in Qatar, with more than 2 million people living and working in Qatar, this diverse and exciting organization has more than 90 different nationalities working to deliver the best care always to their patients and the Qatar community.
3 Year contract (renewable)
Single contract for unmarried candidates, while Family contract offered for married candidates.
Generous Tax free BASIC salary offered according to experience. Salary paid in Qatari Riyals.
11 400 up to 21 000 Qatari Riyals per month. 21000 QAR is +/- 7800 Australian Dollar basic salary.
Free fully furnished accommodation provided.
Transport allowance of 1250 QAR per month added to your basic salary.
Free "round trip" (to and from home country) flight tickets on joining, annual leave, and on repatriation. For those with family contract offered this will be also be applicable for your family (wife and up to 3 children up to 18 years old).
School allowance: 21 000 QAR (maximum) for up to 3 children (ages 5- 18) per child per academic year provided that they are studying in private schools in Doha.
40 days paid annual vacation days.
End of Service Award (at end of contract) which is one month's salary for each year worked.
The benefits outlined here are those that apply to most employees. Salary offer packages are determined by the employer. Global Medical Recruiting can assist the applicant with salary offer negotiations with the employer, but in the end the final salary package offered is at the sole discretion of the employer and not of Global Medical Recruiting.
Minimum Education: Bachelor Degree in Medical Records, Health Information Management, Medical Records Technology and/or Allied Health Sciences, or the equivalent.
Preferred: Masters Degree in Medical Records, Health Information Management, Medical Records Technology and/or Allied Health Sciences, or the equivalent.
3+ years in medical records, with 2 years coding experience.
Preferred: 5+ years in medical records, with 2 years coding experience.
Professional Certification is preferred (from the home country medical records association/organization).
Commercial Management Addendum for Assistant Director, Health Information Management:
1. Expert ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS (current Edition) knowledge with the ability to audit clinical coding, Diagnostic Related Group (DRG) assignment and Qatar Patient Minimum Data Set (MDS) compliance
2. Above average knowledge of the MDS, Qatar Outpatient Classification System (QOCS) and other associate relevant publications
3. Ability to supervise and direct clinical coding and MDS compliance audits including the planning, maintenance and review, statistical sampling and SharePoint maintenance and support
4. Above average knowledge and capability in Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and 3M Encoder
5. Demonstrated ability to write Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for departmental use
6. Demonstrated ability to design and write and review business documents for various purposes e.g. Audit report
7. Demonstrated ability to design, create and manipulate reports using Microstrategy, Business Objects (PIE) and Discern Analytics (Cerner) and to assist and teach staff how to do the same
8. Above average knowledge of Revenue Cycle Management and Insurance related activities
9. Expert knowledge of Diagnostic Related Groups (DRG’s) which includes applying this knowledge to applicable Fee Schedules as required
10. Ability to present data, reports and other relevant information within and outside of the department and to review the same for other staff
11. Demonstrated ability to lead various projects within and external from the department
12. High level of ability to problem solve and identify issues which could lead to problems
13. Ability to supervise staff including training and mentoring on departmental requirements
14. Above average knowledge of the medical groups policies, SOP’s and related documentation
15. Ability to represent the department in meetings as required
16. Demonstrated initiative for self-directed continued professional education
Premier non-profit health care provider in Doha, Qatar and the main provider of secondary and tertiary healthcare in Qatar and one of the leading hospital providers in the Middle East. Since its establishment the healthcare provider rapidly developed medical facilities capable of providing state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment of disease. It currently manages 12 hospitals – 9 specialist hospitals and 3 community hospitals – as well as the National Ambulance Service and home and residential care services.