International Professional Medical Recruitment for and to the Middle East
Recruiting ICD-10-AM Clinical Coders for 3 year contract opportunities in Doha Qatar.
International medical professionals with ICD-10-AM are invited to apply.
Up to 30 313 QAR total monthly salary, which is +/- 11760 AUD total monthly salary per month.
Qatar’s national healthcare delivery system is rapidly developing. This group strives to lead in developing the national health system by operating new facilities, implementing state-of-the art technologies, and recruiting the best, most qualified international talent to care for Qatar’s future. Here, you will have the opportunity to team with the best and the brightest professionals in healthcare and to provide world class patient care service for the population. This medical group has one of the biggest workforces in Qatar, with more than 2 million people living and working in Qatar, this diverse and exciting organization has more than 90 different nationalities working to deliver the best care always to their patients and the Qatar community.
3 Year contract (renewable)
Single contract for unmarried candidates, while Family contract offered for married candidates.
Up to 30 313 QAR total monthly salary (basis salary + market allowance + transport allowance).
Which is +/- 11760 AUD total salary per month. Note- Salary paid in QAR.
Generous Tax free basic salary. Offered according to experience.
Free fully furnished accommodation provided.
Free "round trip" (to and from home country) flight tickets on joining, annual leave, and on repatriation. For those with family contract offered this will be also be applicable for your family (wife and up to 3 children up to 18 years old).
School allowance: 21 000 QAR (maximum) for up to 3 children (ages 5- 18) per child per academic year provided that they are studying in private schools in Doha.
40 days paid annual vacation days.
End of Service Award (at end of contract) which is one month's salary for each year worked.
The benefits outlined here are those that apply to most employees. Salary offer packages are determined by the employer.Global Medical Recruiting can assist the applicant with salary offer negotiations with the employer, but in the end the final salary package offered is at the sole discretion of the employer and not of Global Medical Recruiting.
A qualification in ICD-10-AM from HIMAA,
Bachelor of Health Information Management that includes ICD-10-AM clinical coding modules
Accredited/Advanced ICD-10 Clinical Coding Certificate from a recognized educational authority
A qualification in ICD-10-AM from a recognized educational authority.
6 years of Tertiary level casemix in ICD-10 clinical coding,
6 years HIM in an Activity-Based Funding environment.
Fluent in English - Oral and Written.
The Level 3 Clinical Coder is a qualified and experienced professional who fulfills requirement to produce accurate, timely, and complete clinically coded data. The data generated from Clinical Coding supports the ability to provide information to internal and external stakeholders including the Ministry of Public Health and other relevant external organizations. The National Health Strategy of “Better Health, Better Care, and Better Value” is supported by the output from clinical coding.
1. Apply ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS standards and guidelines assigning accurate codes to ensure correct AR-DRG assignment for each episode of care
2. Liaise with clinicians regarding appropriate clinical documentation for clinical coding to ensure highest level of accuracy in clinically coded data.
3. Participate in meeting deadlines consistently.
4. Attendance and participation in quality and educational meetings.
5. Ability to identify inconsistencies of documentation, clinical or demographic, which would impact on the AR-DRG.
6. Validate the generated AR-DRG to ensure that it is congruent with the clinical information provided in the medical record.
7. Actively initiate, lead, and participate in continued educational activities.
8. Assume responsibility for continuing their education and increasing their knowledge and skills of the Australian Coding Standards and other information relevant to their role.
9. Educate health professionals and less experienced Clinical Coders in relation to the importance of specific clinical documentation and its relationship to the assignment of the AR-DRG.
10. Superior ability to work autonomously, utilize, and share their expertise in Clinical Coding.
11. Support the Qatar National Vision by mentoring Level 1 and Level 2 Clinical Coders.
12. Report on and analyze aggregated clinical coding data.
13. Ensure the alignment of Health Information Management activities in the medical group to the National Health Strategy as appropriate.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Premier non-profit health care provider in Doha, Qatar and the main provider of secondary and tertiary healthcare in Qatar and one of the leading hospital providers in the Middle East. Since its establishment the healthcare provider rapidly developed medical facilities capable of providing state-of-the-art diagnosis and treatment of disease. It currently manages 12 hospitals – 9 specialist hospitals and 3 community hospitals – as well as the National Ambulance Service and home and residential care services.